Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, December 16, 2019

WLS Top 40 for December 15, 1969-- Part 4: "Backfield in Motion"


The number after the artist is how high it got on Bilboard's Hot 100 songs.

25.  BACKFIELD IN MOTION--  Mel & Tim     #10   Love as a football game.  This one always puts me back at NIU.  Their biggest hit.

24. LA LA LA (IF I HAD YOU)--  Bobby Sherman    #9    I don't remember it.  Sounds a bit like his "Little Woman" song. Someone made a comment on You Tube that you could get a free copy of t on the back of a box of Honeycomb cereal.

23.  ELI'S COMING--  Three Dog Night      #10   Always reminds me of the Grant resident hall at NIU's snack bar called the Barn.   Their first Top Ten that wasn't a song from "Hair."

22.   HEAVEN KNOWS--  Grassroots    #24   Group formed in San Francisco in 1964.

21.  WONDERFUL WORLD, BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE--  Jimmy Cliff      #25   My first taste of reggae and I didn't even know it.  And, I really love reggae.

Name That Tune(from the above songs):  "Well You better Hide Your Heart, Your Loving Heart."  Answer below.



"Eli's Coming"

No comments: