Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, September 6, 2020

Bob Stroud Goes Back to September 6, 1970, Today on Chicago's WDRV. 97.1 FM

 That would be the songs played on the radio and in your record collections FIFTY years ago today.  It streams from 9 am to noon CDST and will be repeated from 9 pm to midnight CDST.  This is the fourth and final Root Salute of the Summer of 1970.  Previous ones were on the first Sunday of June, July and August.

I was a sophomore at Northern Illinois University and living at the Delta Sigma Phi frat house out on Greenbrier in Greek Row.  This was my first year as an active, having pledged during spring semester as a freshman.  Probably the most fun I has while a college student (and I sure had a lot of good times).

The songs he will be playing will sure bring some memories back.  I will be recording the show on my cassettes (that's how far behind I am).  

Looking Forward to the trip Back.  --RoadFrat


No comments: