Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

On the Radio


"It was the thing that grabbed ahold of me at eleven and pointed me in the direction that became my life.  The Radio.  Whether the Big 89 or especially WCFL or even my hometown stations in Kalamazoo WKMI and WKLZ, I like to think I speak for many of us when I say we owe so much of our lives' enjoyment to the radio."  Bob Stroud

I totally agree with you. The Beatles on the radio got me into music, something that I still am enjoying.  These were songs played on Chicago's Drive, 97.1 FM.

********************************

ON THE RADIO

ROLL OVER BEETHOVEN--  Beatles
ROCK & ROLL--  Velvet Underground
RADIO GA GA--  Queen

FM (NO STATIC AT ALL)--  Steely Dan
LIFE IS A ROCK (BUT THE RADIO ROLLED ME)--  Reunion
TURN UP THE RADIO--  Autograph
W.O.L.D.--  Harry Chapin

SONG ON THE RADIO--  Al Stewart
RADIO RADIO--  Elvis Costello
SPIRIT OF RADIO--  Rush

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "B.B. Bumble and the Stingers, Mott the Hoople, Ray Charles Singers."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"Life Is a Rock (But the Radio Rolled Me)"


No comments: