Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, September 15, 2020

WLS Top 30 for Week of September 14, 1970-- Part 4: 'Out In the Country'

 15.  25 OR 6 TO 4--  Chicago        #4    Horns, I need more horns!!   Comment:  "Chicago's music kept many of us alive in Vietnam."

14.  I KNOW (I'M LOSING YOU)--  Rare Earth     #7    Originally a Temptations song written by Norman Whitfield, Cornelius Grant and Edwin Holland.  The other day at Sunnyside Tavern in Johnsburg, Illinois, Big Dan played the 11 minute long album version.  He sure got his dollar's worth from that jukebox play, but we all asked him not to play it again.

13.  OUT IN THE COUNTRY--  Three Dog Night      #15   Good song for these days.  less you-know-what out in the country.  I sure miss my high school football games.

12.  IN THE SUMMERTIME--  Mungo Jerry    #3     If you watch the video of it, the singer had the most luxuriant sideburns I've ever seen.  Gen. Burnside even would be jealous.  Their only-ever Top 100 song.  A British skiffle group.

11.  RUBBER DUCKIE--  Jim (Ernie) Henson      #16    Okay, now, I am going to have this tune in my head for awhile.  Thanks a lot, Ernie.   Jim Henson was the creator of the Muppets, but you all knew that.

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "When I Squeeze You, You Make Noise."  Answer below.  --RoadDuckie


"Rubber Duckie"


No comments: