Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, September 1, 2020

K-Tel's 'Hit Machine' Album, 1976-- Part 1: 'Love Really Hurts Without You"


I bought this album at The Vinyl Frontier in McHenry, Illinois, on Saturday for Record Store Day for $3.

I had my eye on this album or possibly one about the old TV show "Hee-Haw."

For $3, I got twenty songs from 1976.

(SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE) SHAKE YOUR BOOTY--  K.C.& the Sunshine Band
RIGHT BACK WHERE WE STARTED FROM--  Maxine Nightingale
MOONLIGHT FEELS RIGHT--  Starbuck

SUMMER--  War
WHEN WILL I BE LOVED--  Linda Ronstadt
HAPPY DAYS--  Pratt & McClain
OUR DAY WILL COME--  Frankie Valli

(YOU'RE) HAVING MY BABY--  Paul Anka
LOVE REALLY HURTS WITHOUT YOU--  Billy Ocean
DISCO DUCK (PART 1)--  Rick Dees  & His Class of Idiots

Name That Tune (from the above songs):  "I've Been Cheated, Been Mistreated."  Answer below.  --RoadDog


"When Will I Be Loved"

2 comments:

DennyG said...

Yesterday I listened (a couple of times) to the original WWIBL and humbly declare that, although Linda's version might be the more widely known today, Don and Phil (who wrote it) really can't be beat.

RoadDog said...

I finally came across why there have been no comments.
Of course, I had this huge crush on sweet Linda, so I am a bit on the biased side here.