Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, June 8, 2007

Not Much Boating This Week


It has been a miserable week for boating; let's just say, there wasn't a lot of decent days, just one day, and even that, on Wednesday, was cut short by rain and a cool breeze. Every day it has been threatening, or in the case of Thursday, way too windy. We had gusts off and on all day of up to 40 mph.

Wednesday morning, it was 45 degrees (37 degrees in Michigan) and 24 hours later, up to 90 degrees. That's some jump. Last night we had tornado warnings and I moved the '85 and Dakota in when we heard there was big-size hail out in nearby Dekalb. I didn't get much sleep last night because of the storm. I don't remember ever seeing so much lightning and hearing so much thunder. At one point, it looked as if there was a strobe light on the ceiling fan.

I have been getting a lot of yardwork done. Yesterday, I intended on working on a retaining wall on the west side of the house, but ended up working on the flower bed area west of the deck. It was overgrown tremendously. I am on the attack against the daisies, which are on the verge of taking over. I really like them, but man, are they ever prolific.

Glad to see that the fans of the CBS show Jericho have raised such a ruckus about the show's cancellation that the network has ordered seven more shows for midseason. It had to do with the famous "Nuts!" quote from WWII. One of my favorite new shows of last year.

Don't you think all this Paris Hilton stuff is a bit ridiculous? I'm tired of hearing about it. You'd think reporters would have something better to do with their time....LIKE INVESTIGATE WHY THE PRICE OF GASOLINE IS SSSSOOOO HIGH!!!!!

Same with that woman who died and all the stink was made about the baby. I had to look it up to see who she was. I had never paid attention to her.

Got to Go Boating, Got to Go Boating. --RoadDog

No comments: