Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Orchard Bluff Subdivion Garage Sale


Our subdivision here in Spring Grove is having its annual subdivision-wide garage sale. About 15 homes are participating in it. It runs from Thursday to today.

Each year, we get a lot of lookers going up and down the streets. I drove around as well. Thankfully, I didn't find anything I especially wanted. Now I am retired and have essentially run out of room to put anything else. If I buy something, I should really get rid of something...but, I like what I have. I really should have a garage sale myself, but just can't bear parting with any of my "stuff".

On quite a few years, this garage sale fell on the same weekend we had our end-of-the-year party. That's end-of-the-year for teachers. We would have anywhere from 75 to an many as 130 people along with sale seekers who would think we were having a sale.

A few years back, I went to a house that had four swivel chairs on rollers for $40 and the owner was willing to take less. I didn't buy them. I got home and several hours later realized they would be perfect for my felt poker table in the basement by the North Woods (as I call that part of my basement because of the decor). They were closed when I got back and I never got to buy it. I wish I'd have thought of it at the time, but, oh well.

Drowning in My Own Junk. --RoadDog

THIS DAY IN HISTORY- 1973- Secretariat wins at Belmot and the Triple Crown. That was one FAST horse.

No comments: