Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, October 4, 2007

End of the Boating Season, Well, for Us Anyway


Sad day for us today, as we pulled "School's Out... Forever" out of the water. That is our boat's name with a big thanks for good old Alice Cooper for his great song.

We were able to get out boating 38 times this season, far more than most boaters on the Chain. Of course, being retired definitely helps.

My buddy Frank came by and we went for a cruise on Fox and Pistakee lakes. I then dropped him off at Rick's, where I dock the boat. He went to Kora's to get the trailer and I boated across Fox Lake to Grasslake and up the Fox River a short way to the Chain of Lakes State Park where Frank met me and we pulled the boat out.

They have great boat ramps in the park, and best of all, they are FREE!!!! It normally costs around $20 to put or pull your boat at the private ramps.

Pulled the boat over to Midwest Marine where it will be winterized before I take it out to Hebron, Illinois, where it will be stored for the winter.

How Many Days Until the 2008 Boating Season? --RoadDog

No comments: