Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Oktoberfest- Day II BEARS WIN!!!!


Sunday, the 7th of October, I drove to Antioch, Illinois, where I enjoyed my second straight day of German style partying. In the past, both Fox Lake and Antioch had their Oktoberfest celebrations on the same day. But this year, Fox Lake was on Saturday and Antioch's the following day. So, I got to double my fun.

The Alpiners were there as well, and this time with all five members and playing on the beautiful outdoor stage just to the east of Main Street. Definitely a better show than yesterday's meanderings.

I met Cindy, who is in charge of Antioch's functions along this line. She also organized the "It's Thursday" music and food vendor lineup. I enjoyed several of these this past summer, as well as Taste of Antioch, which went over four days. She does a great job.

Ate my fill of German food from the various offerings.

Came home and watched the Bears defeat the much heralded Brett Favre and the Pack at Margaritaville in the basement. Well, I should say it was the Pack beating themselves more than the Bears beating them. Oh well, the way this season is going, I'll take any win I can get.

Oompah Music and a Bears Win. Now That's a Great Sunday!! --RoadDog

No comments: