Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A Day-After the Day-After Shopping Expedition-- Part 1

Into the wilds of McHenry, Fox Lake and Spring Grove, Illinois.

Sunday was pretty-well tied up with football, so yesterday, I ventured out into the cold (at least no new white stuff) for my annual bargain-hunting trek. This is the best time to buy Christmas stuff for next year.

I am now fairly sure everyone in the area is on vacation but the poor souls working in the stores. This was just as crowded as Black Friday. (And, we don't even want to talk about the Wal-Mart parking lot.)

The list of stores visited: Home Depot, Borders, Meijer's, Wal-Mart, Target, Vinyl Frontier, Culvers, Menard's, Home Depot, Aldi, Walgreen's, Walgreen's and Jewel. I guess you can call that multi-tasking a trip.

I put on 26 miles.

First I drove to the McHenry Il-31 SHS (Standard Homogenized Stuff) strip north of town.

First stop was at Home Depot where I bought a small hanging flag with winter cardinals. At Borders, I got two daily calendars for half price. For me, I got one of propeller war planes and for Liz I purchased a Wizard of Oz one. Maybe this will get her to look at them. If it's not on a computer screen she normally won't look at anything. Meijer's yielded a 5-pound box of clementines, a real favorite of mine.

Next, Wal-Mart, the parking lot, the bait-and switch, and check-out line from hell.

Oh, Glorious Fun. --RoadDog


YOU'RE A FLORIDIAN IF...You're under 30, but you have lots of friends over 65.

2 comments:

walk2write said...

So you must be a part-time Floridian? I was wondering about the love of beach and Floridian identity quips.

RoadDog said...

I just like to close out my entries with something humorous.

A friend sent me a long list of these little items called "You know you're a Floridian if..."

There are lots more so you'll be seeing them for awhile.