Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Where Were You November 21, 1973?-- Part 1

From Bob Stroud's Rock and Roll Roots Time Warp from November 21, 2010.

I was teaching 7th, 8th and 9th grade at Magee Middle School in Round Lake, Illinois. This was my first year teaching and I wasn't adapting too well. I was ready to teach high school and these DEFINITELY weren't high school students. I sure looked forward to the Friday After School parties in Grayslake at the Last Chance Saloon.

We were living at some apartments in Des Plaines, Illinois and Liz was a secretary at general Finance Corporation in Evanston. I drove the 1973 Ford Pinto back and forth to school while Liz drove her parents' Chevy.

These were the songs playing in our radio back then.

ROCKY MOUNTAIN WAY-- JOE WALSH-- No longer with the James Gang.
GOODBYE YELLOW BRICK ROAD-- ELTON JOHN-- Our neighbor at the apartment complex had every one of Elton John's albums and he let me record them.

JIMMY LOVES MARY-ANNE-- LOOKING GLASS-- Follow up to "Brandy."
CHINA GROVE-- DOOBIE BROTHERS-- This song always reminds me of driving out to our honeymoon in Galena, Illinois, after our marriage.

Life is Just One Big Song. --RoadDog


FUNNY SIGNS-- Optometrist's office: "If you don't see what you're looking for, you've come to the right place."

No comments: