Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, December 31, 2010

Now, That Was U-G-L-Y-- Part 2-- Football

As a Bear fans, I have two games from this season that I would like to include as did the Tribune.

GIANTS 17, BEARS 3-- OK, the score didn't look bad, thanks to some inspired defense, but I have never seen the Bears battered and smacked down as much as this game on October 3rd. "By the time Cutler was sacked for the ninth time, when Antrel Rolle caught him in a safety blitz and knocked his helmet into the turf for a concussion, the offense had been annihilated. Worse, the performance was NBC's prime time game.


PATRIOTS 36, Bears 7-- And this was supposed to be Bear Weather. New England wouldn't be able to play in it. Rights. They loved it!! Score at half 34-0. At least I didn't lose anytime watching the game the second half.


MINNESOTA 38, ILLINOIS 34-- Who'd have figured that as bad as the Gophers were? Illinois defeated my team, NIU earlier in the year, then the next week we beat Minnesota. Go figure? Then Minnesota was naughty and "stole" our football coach.



A Special Bonus. Although North Carolina and Tennessee have nothing to do with around here, that Bowl game last night, I watched the game and am a fan of both teams. My nephew went to Tennessee and I'm from North Carolina so I was somewhat torn between the two.

I backed Tennessee up until the end when I saw some of the dirtiest play I've ever seen on the part of the Volunteers who seemed intent on maiming Carolina's players. I'm glad Carolina won in overtime. You just don't play that way.

So, Embarrassing. --RoadDog


YOU'RE A FLORIDIAN IF...you know that no other grocery store can compare to Publix.

No comments: