Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, May 22, 2014

JSS: Senior Moment-- Address Labels-- Indy 500-- Forget That Third Period

JSS--  Just Some Stuff.

1.  SENIOR MOMENT--  This morning, it was the great where did I put my coffee cup search.  I make up a pot of coffee and then drink on it several days.  I just heat a cup up in the microwave.  I then return the  cup to the sink.  Well, this morning it wasn't there, nor was it anywhere else I sometimes leave it.

After looking all over, I decided to check the microwave...and there it was.  And, it already had coffee in it.  What had happened was that I had decided to have a second cup of coffee yesterday, put it in the microwave, walked away and....  Well, I forgot...evidently.  Drank it today, though.


2.  ADDRESS LABELS--  I couldn't help but chuckle when I opened my envelope of flyers and found an ad for address labels.  You can get 250 for $3.99 or 500 for JUST $2 more.  I kind of hate to break it to them, but I am kind up to my --- in address labels thanks to all the worthy causes that want my dough.

There is NO WAY I could ever use the ones I already have or the ones that continue to come in the mail...everyday!!


3.  INDY 500--  Heading out tomorrow for that big raceway in central Indiana for the third time in as many years.  No postings for the next several days.

4.  FORGET THAT THIRD PERIOD--  Worst twenty minutes of Blackhawk hocker (that's right, Hocker...that sure wasn't hockey) ever.  Five Kings goals and what was a 2-1 lead was a 6-1 loss.  But, I'd rather lose like that than 3-2.

Perhaps our leaving Twisted Moose after the second period (with a 2-1 lead) had something to do with it.  Not that we're superstitious or anything.

Just Some Stuff--  RoadDog

No comments: