Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Boomer Radio: Vintage Rock

Typing away and listening to this great internet station.  I especially like it because they not only play some of the great old songs I've heard a lot, but quite a few I'm either not very familiar with or have never heard.  Here are the songs played since noon today.  The ones with ** mean I wasn't overly familiar with it:

GO DOWN GAMBLIN'--  BS&T
M'LADY--  Sly & the Family Stone.  My absolute favorite song at the Delta Sig dances back in college.  Put this on and see one "Dancin' Fool!"
**HOT BURRITO NO. 1--  Flying Burrito Brothers
**HOMBURG--  Procul; Harum

HEARTBREAKER--  Led Zeppelin.  I was kind of wondering if they'd play "Livin' Lovin' Maid" next.  They didn't.  Probably the first time the two songs haven't been played back-to-back.  I was sure ready for it.
**TAM LIN--  Fairport Convention  I thought it was the Jefferson Airplane.
**BABY'S CALLING ME HOME--  Steve Miller Band
**DON AND DEWEY-- It's a Beautiful Day

MELLOW YELLOW--  Donovan
**IRON BUTTERFLY THEME--  Iron Butterfly
PLASTIC FANTASTIC LOVER--  Jefferson Airplane
UP TO ME--  Jethro Tull

**SAD MORNING--  Buffalo Springfield  And here I was thinking I'd heard all their songs.
BOX OF RAIN--  Grateful Dead
WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN--  Who  For some reason I always thing TV when I hear this song nowadays.
MAY THIS BE LOVE--  Jimi Hendrix.  I always thought this one was named "Waterfalls."

**PRETTY POLLY--  Judy Collins
LOVE ME TWO TIMES--  Doors
NO MORE MR. NICE GUY--  Alice Cooper
**WAKE ME, SHAKE ME--  Blues Project

SONG OF THE WIND--  Santana

This Is One Great Station!!  --RoadDog

No comments: