Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

It's a Bird's Life

Enjoyed sitting out on the front porch this morning for the first time and not freezing.  Had my coffee and breakfast out there listening to the many birds around the neighborhood.

A cardinal in the front sunburst honeylocust was chirping out a much different tune from what I usually hear.  Normally it is just a series of sharp chirps.  But he was doing a series of three long chirps, then 3-4 quick ones.  Perhaps it was a mating song.  Hope so.  We would like to get a pair hanging around the yard.

Speaking of birds, the last two days I have been spending a lot of money on them.  Tuesday I went to a local bird store in Spring Grove, Illinois, called It's a Bird's Life.  II wanted to know how to attract cardinals.  The person there was very knowledgeable and told me about the type of feeder I needed, which has a platform for cardinals and other songbirds to stand on as the little perches on the feeder I have up is better for the small birds like sparrows and chickadees.

I ended up spending $56 for a feeder and saffron seed.

Then, yesterday, I spent another $36 at Menard's for two big bags of bird food and another feeder, this one shaped like an old one-room schoolhouse (since we were both teachers).

Those Little Buggers Best Appreciate Me.  --RoadDog


YOGI-ISM  "It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future."


No comments: