Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

WLS Top Ten: May 1, 1964

1.  Suspicion--  Terry Stafford
2.  Dead Man's Curve/New Girl in School--  Jan & Dean
3.  White on White--  Danny Williams (This would make a really good wedding song for father-daughter dance.  Wish I'd thought of it when I was deejaying.  But the hard dance to find was the Mother-son dance.)
4.  Hello Dolly--  Louis Armstrong
5.  Bits and Pieces--  Dave Clark Five
6.  Crooked Little Man--  Serendipity Singers   (OK, stop singing it. "My roof's got a hole in it...")
7.  Love Me Do/PS I Love You--  Beatles
8.  Tall Cool One--  Wailers (I don't remember this one.  Guess I'll have to You Tube it.)
9.  Forever--  Peter Drake   (Another one I don't remember.)
10.  Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That--  Beatles

Some others of interest:
11.  She's a Bad Motorcycle--  Crestones (Yet another.  With a name like that, I should have remembered it.  )
14.  Thank You Girl/Do You Want to Know a Secret--  Beatles
16.  Yesterday's Gone--  Chad and Jeremy  (or was it Peter and Gordon.  I can never keep the two groups apart.)

--RoadDog

No comments: