Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, September 5, 2014

The Band Called "The Exports": Somebody Get Me a Cheeseburger!!

OK, yesterday, I mentioned that a group called the Exports had the number ten song on the WLS Silver Dollar Survey in Chicago this date.  I didn't recognize the song nor did I know anything about the group, so did a little research.

Of course, I started on You Tube so i could hear the song.  Turns out, I had heard the song before and it is an excellent car instrumental.  It starts with some talk like you'd hear at a car drive-in restaurant (perhaps where Steve Miller got the "Somebody give me a cheeseburger" on their "Living in the USA" song.

There was no information in Wikipedia or on You Tube.  But I did find some background on the Official Site Blog by Carl Huffman, who said he also had a really hard time finding out anything about this group.

The group was formed in 1963 in Glenwood, Illinois, a suburb of Chicago located near the Indiana line.  This was their only hit and sadly, only played around the Midwest with very little radio-play on the coasts.  The group modeled themselves after the Ventures.

So, Now You Know.  --RoadDog


SAY WHAT:  BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD:  Now, that'd be back to your computer, iPad or Smart Phone.






No comments: