Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Dedication of Vietnam Memorial Today in McHenry, Illinois

In just a little over an hour, I will be going to McHenry, Illinois, so I can be at the dedication of the Vietnam Memorial at Veterans Park.  i usually go to the ceremony at the train station in Fox Lake, but the Vietnam War was my generation's war, so it means even more to me.

This is a project by the McHenry High School Class of 1964, to honor three of its classmates who were killed over there.  It also honors another one from the Class of 1967, who also died.

Sadly, it is on a cold and nasty day outside, but these veterans had to overcome all sorts of weather -related hardships, so that is another way to honor their memory.

I will be writing about it tomorrow.

Thanks, Veterans from All Wars.

No comments: