Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Day of the Rugby-- Part 1

I watched the All Black blowout of the team USA today on NBC.  The Americans never had a chance.  There is a reason the New Zealand All Blacks are the #1 rugby team in the world and they clearly showed it.  It was textbook how to play the game.  I think the final score was something like 72-6.  (They are called All Blacks because of the black uniforms they wear.)

But, at least I got to watch a rugby game, something you rarely get here in the United States.  And, even better, I saw the All Black Haka, which is something to behold.  Just check it out on You Tube.

But, at least Soldier Field in Chicago was sold out at 60,000, and even though the crowd was mostly American, they were pulling a whole lot for the All Blacks.  I pulled out my All Black Haka coolie and All Black flag, even though I was pulling for the USA.

I got hooked on rugby on a trip I went with my mom and sister to Australia and New Zealand.  We arrived right when both levels of rugby from Australia and New Zealand were playing.  If Americans think they have rivalries in football, that is nothing compared to the one between these two countries.

I sure had a great time watching the games and learning about the sport.

--RoadDog

SAY WHAT?  "That's the $64,000 question."--  The radio show became the $64,000 TV show.

No comments: