Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Cold Ahead, 2014 N.C. T-Giving Trip: Day 1

NOVEMBER 20TH:  Actually left early at 7 a.m..  Took Il-49 south to Mahomet, Illinois, stopping at Gibson City for a McRib meal (that season, you know).  Gas was $2.65 in Mahomet, the lowest I've seen in years.

Picked up I-74 southeast to Indianapolis in no problems going through the city on I-70.  East to Ohio and a stop at Englewood, Ohio, for my Skyline Chili fix (gotta have my Cincy Chili every chance I get.  I got to Columbus, Ohio, near the end of rush hour, but no traffic jams and got a room east of town at a Knight's Inn.

Drove around the surrounding area and found one of my favorite stores anywhere, Half Price Books.  Books and music, that's my game.  I almost thought I was going to set a record and get out of there without buying anything, but then found two Civil War Navy books, a CD by Buck Owens and two historical calendars.

The reason I'm calling this Cold Ahead is that it is mighty cold for November.  The temp in Spring Grove was 12 degrees when I left and it finally got into the upper 20s by the time I got to Ohio.  At least there wasn't as much road work as there was in the summer trip.

--RoadDog

No comments: