1. LEADER OF THE PACK-- Shangri-Las
2. PRETTY WOMAN-- Roy Orbison
3. COME A LITTLE BIT CLOSER-- Jay & the Americans
4. YOU REALLY GOT ME-- Kinks
5. HAVE I THE RIGHT-- Honeycombs
6. TOBACCO ROAD-- Nashville Teens
7. THE DOOR IS STILL OPEN-- Dean Martin
8. DO WAH DIDDY DIDDY-- Manfred Mann
9. I'M INTO SOMETHING GOOD-- Herman's Hermits
10. RINGO-- Lorne Greene (That's right. Pa.)
Even though the Beatles weren't in the top ten, their impact as starting the British Invasion was still there as five of the top ten were from England: 4,5,6,8 and 9.
There were quite a few songs rounding out the top 30 that I hadn't heard of before, so will write about them tomorrow.
It's Pa Cartwright Vs. Ringo, the Gunslinger,or Was He the Drummer from That Group? --RoadDog