Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Beatles Songs You Should Get to Know-- Part 1

From the Jan. 20, 2015 Huffington Post "Five Beatles Songs You Should get to Know, Part II" by James Heilbron.  First five posted ten days ago.  Great songs, just not as well-known as others.

1.  IT'S ONLY LOVE--  From album Help!, by John Lennon

2.  DOCTOR ROBERT--Just Lennon being Lennon.

3.  THERE'S A PLACE--  "B" Side of "Twist and Shout.  A complete Lennon/McCartney collaboration.  From Revolver.

4.  IF I NEEDED SOMEONE--  By George Harrison from Rubber Soul.  Can be considered a "sister" song to "I Need You" from Help!

5.  I'VE JUST SEEN A FACE-- The most recognizable one of these.  McCartney has performed it live throughout his entire solo career.

And, I like these because they are all "old" Beatles songs, which are still my favorites from their early days.  I will post the first five next.

--RoadDog

SOME CRAZY SAYINGS:  Those who jump off a bridge in Paris are in Seine.



No comments: