Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, June 5, 2015

Unfamiliar Songs from May 14, 1965-- Part 2

Continued from June 1st.  Some I'd never heard of, others I hadn't heard in a long time.  * means I haven't heard it before.

32.   BABY THE RAIN MUST FALL-- Glenn Yarbrough.  I always liked this one.  Worth giving another listen.

31.  SHE'S ABOUT A MOVER-- Sir Douglas Quintet.  Also a favorite of mine by Texas boy Doug Sahm.

30.  VOODOO WOMAN--  Bobby Goldsboro*  A little better than "Honey" but not much.

29.  TOMMY--  Reparata & the Delrons*.  As good as Girl Group music gets.

28.  CONCRETE & CLAY--  Eddie Rambeau*  I knew the song as it turned out, but not the performer.    The bigger hit here in the U.S. was by Unit 4 + 2.

I Really Liked That "Concrete & Clay."  --RoadDog


SOME FUNNY SAYINGS:  The short fortune teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.



No comments: