Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, June 18, 2015

And Here's Where the Blackhawks Winning the Stanley Cup Starts Costing Me

In an hour, I'll be heading over to McHenry for breakfast at Steak 'N Shake and then I go to Meijer's, Wal-Mart and Dick's in pursuit of Blackhawk Stanley Cup attire.  This is where I really start paying for their win.

I need tee shirts and hats.  Not that I really need them as I have a huge number of tee shirts and hats already, but, still I need something with 2015 Stanley Cup Champions on them. Plus, there is the necessary car flag, puck, shot glass and car tag.

I'm even thinking of getting a framed team picture to add to my Wall of Fame in the basement to go along with the '85 Bears, '96 Packers and 2005 White Sox.  I actually am guilty of jumping on the bandwagon back in 2010 when the Hawks started this remarkable run of three Stanley Cups in six years.

Great victory, but if they'd lost I could have saved money.  Oh well, it sure was fun watching the Hawks all these weeks.

A friend of mine went over to Dick's in McHenry right after the Hawks clinched the Cup this past Monday night and had to wait in a real long line.  The pl;ace was packed at 10:30 p.m..

I was thinking about going to Chicago this morning for the Blackhawk Championship parade, but it sounds like the planning is going to cause a real mess, so will just watch it on TV when I get back.

--RoadDog

No comments: