Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Boat Is In!!! (A $4 Plug or $104 Plug?)

Yesterday marked the official beginning of our boating season, much delayed because of the weather and a missing drain plug and just too many other things to do.

We picked up the boat from the barn in Hebron, Illinois, on May 20th and took it over to Emerald Marine on June 3rd and picked it up June 9.  While it was in the driveway, I put five gallons of gas into it on three different occasions (cheaper than putting gas in on the water by at least a dollar and less distance to carry the containers).

Liz cleaned the boat out on the 19th and then we found that the drain plug was missing so spent the 19th and 20th trying to get a replacement.  Yesterday, I drove to Skipper Bud's in Volo and got one for $4.  (Hopefully it won't be a $104 plug as one of those photo-enforced lights may have gotten me at 120 and 12.)

It was now time to put the boat in the water, never a pretty sight as I am not real good at backing the trailer into the water to launch the boat.  I usually only do that twice a year (beginning and end) so don't have a real lot of practice, but I do know that with a sufficient amount of backing and rebacking I will get it in.

Took the boat over to the American Legion on Nippersink Lake and put it in.  Liz took it for a ride over to Rick's, where we keep it) and I took the truck and trailer back to the house where I will putRust-O-Leum on the parts that are getting rusty.

I went back and met Liz at Rick's then we went for our first cruise of the season in Fox Lake.  Stopped at Stormy Monday for a Chain Crawl passbook stamp and enjoyed watching a guy get hotted by some ghost pepper horseradish.

"School's Out...Forever" Is Back in the Water.  --RoadDog

No comments: