Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, June 1, 2015

Listening to Unfamiliar Songs from May 14, 1965-- Part 1

A couple weeks ago I printed all 40 songs on the WLS Top 40 from fifty years ago.  I knew most of the songs, but there were some I hadn't heard in a long time and others which I didn't remember ever hearing.

So, it became You Tube time.  You Tube is such an excellent source of music.  More than likely they will have any song you are seeking.  They had all of these for me.

*  Means I'd heard it before.

Here are those ? songs:

40.  YOU WERE ONLY FOOLING--  Vic Dana--  A really good song, but I doubt that he'd be on pop charts today, at least not the Top 40.

38. *NOTHING CAN STOP ME--  Gene Chandler--  Not just the "Duke."  I hear this often on Beach Music stations and herb Kent, the "Cool Gent" here in Chicago plays this often as a Dusty.

37. *I DO LOVE YOU--  Billy Stewart.   Also a great Beach Music song.

35.  THINK OF THE GOOD TIMES--  Jay & the Americans--  OK, but not great.  No wonder it wasn't top ten.

--Not Just the Duke of Earl.  --RoadDog


SOME CRAZY SAYINGS:  A lot of money is tainted.  It tain't yours and it tain't mine.



No comments: