Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, June 19, 2015

Slim Pickings Yesterday As Far As Blackhawk Stanley Cup Souvenirs

I went to Wal-Mart, Meijer's and Dick's yesterday in McHenry, Illinois, in search of Blackhawk gear to celebrate this third Cup in six years.  I even stopped for breakfast at Steak 'N Shake and made it back home in time to see the parade and rally on TV.

I came back with very little.  Just a shot glass, pint glass and a tee shirt for Liz and all that swag at Wal-Mart.  I'm sure in the next week I will have more opportunity to spend money.

Sure glad I didn't go downtown to Chicago for the rally and parade.  I am not a big fan of huge crowds.

After the concert by Alex and the All-Stars at Antioch's It's Thursday Concert Series, we stopped at the Antioch Wal-Mart, but came up with no Hawk gear again.

I Know I'll Have a Chance to Spend My Money, Though.  --RoadDog


THE WISDOM OF WILL ROGERS:  Don't squat with your spurs on.

No comments: