Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Broom Hilda and the State of the Cell Phone Nation


In today's comic strip, Broom Hilda is walking down the street with a cell phone glued to her ear. Another five people also are walking and talking on their cell phones. They are walking by an open phone booth (not one of the old completely glass enclosed ones like the Blues Brothers used). It had a sign attached to it which read, "Listed with the National Historic Register."

Funny, but all too true. You just don't see phone booths which at one time were all over the place. Cell phones have put them out of business.

I have to admit, I am NOT a real big cell phone person. I don't much care for them. They have their uses and definitely come in handy, especially if you get separated at a function, or need to meet up with someone. HOWEVER, some folks I know have one growing out of their ear and I don't think many things look as ridiculous as a person with one of those blue tooth things.

It does seem that some people get full of self-importance when using them. Then, just about every kid you see has one these days. I know the parental excuse, "I want to always know where my kid is." But, I grew up without one as did everyone my age, and SOMEHOW, we still survived.

I held out against getting one until this past January. I still didn't really want one, but was more or less pressured into it. I still haven't mastered much on it, but am slowly learning.

That is also my big problem with all the new technology these days. I hate learning new stuff. An even bigger problem is that once you learn it, something new comes out and then you have to go back and learn it all over again. Things are just changing too fast, but that could just be old age talking.

Cell Phones. Good or Bad, I'm Not Too Sure. --RoadDog

No comments: