Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Case of the "Hiding" Cell Phone


Now that you know that I am not a big fan of cell phones, let me tell you about MY cell phone's escapade yesterday.

I took it off my belt at the gas station and intended to put it in my pocket, but forgot. Sitting in Emil's, I realized that I didn't have it, but figured I'd just get it when we got to the library. Once there, I couldn't find it. I wasn't sure if it had dropped out of the truck at the gas station, or perhaps I had it with me in Emil's. I just couldn't find it. Perhaps, even, I had left it at home. I had no clue.

I looked all over the truck cab and in the back seat, but no cell phone. It was doing its best bin Laden scenario--hiding.

Clancy volunteered to call the phone so we could see if it was well-hidden in the truck. The only problem was that I couldn't remember the phone number. I had him call Liz so she could call it.

She did, and we heard it, but could not find it even then. Where could bin La--err, the phone be hiding? The ringtone (CCR's "Bad Moon Rising" or is that "There's a Bathroom on the Right") ran out. We had her call again, but still couldn't find it. We could hear it; just couldn't find it.

I finally noticed a place on the rider's side door where you can put stuff. I know for a fact that I didn't put that phone there, but looked anyway. And there it was. How's it get there? My best guess is that it was on the seat and I turned a corner and it went a-slidin'.

Kind of reminds me of being at a Cubs game back in the late seventies when Larry Bittner playing first base was backing up to catch a pop up. He fell backwards with his cap flying off his head. He jumped up, looked here, looked there, looked everywhere. Finally, he sees his hat on the ground and goes running over to it, lifts it up, and there is the ball. Afterwards, a reporter asked him why he looked under his cap. Bittner told him, "Well, I had looked everywhere else."

Sneaky Cell Phones. --RoadDog

No comments: