Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Sad Day Six Years Ago, 9-11: The Day Terrorism Came To Our Shores


Today, September 11th, occurs on the very same day as that fateful event six years ago. Not only that, but we had a brilliant bright blue sky here in the Midwest, just as was over NYC that beautiful fall day.

I watched some of the History Channels shows on the event this morning.

I was teaching at John T. Magee Middle School in Round Lake, Illinois, that day. I didn't know anything about it until after first period when another teacher came to me with the information during passing period. School continued on as usual, but all we did in my classes was listen to the radio and TV (although I couldn't get the picture).

I tried to get it across to my students that this was actually an outgrowth of an event that happened almost 2000 years ago when the Romans made the Jews leave Palestine. I also wanted them to know that this was to be an event that would rank right up there with Pearl Harbor and the Kennedy Assassination as points in US history that affected everybody.

Seeing those two buildings burning still gets to me.

I am going to have an account that I wrote on 9-11 from my journal (which I have been keeping since 1978) on my other blog spot.

http://roaddogsroadlog.blogspot.com

A Very Sad Day. --RoadDog

No comments: