Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Good Local Newspapers- Chicago Tribune, Northwest Herald, and Daily Herald

Yesterday, on my way to visiting Frances at Alden Terrace in McHenry, Illinois, I bought a copy of the Northwest Herald that has extensive coverage of goings-on in McHenry County. Frances has been getting that paper since she moved to Woodstock. However, she doesn't read it, just does the crossword puzzle and reads the comics. She is particularly fond of "Big Nate."

I should also mention the Herald's fantastic Sidetracks section on Fridays. If you want to know anything that is going on in McHenry and the area, this is your source.

It's a good paper, but not as good as the Chicago Tribune, which, in case you haven't guessed, is my favorite paper, other than when they take an editorial position that is negative toward teachers as they had yesterday about the proposed contract for the Chicago teachers. I'll go into my problems with the Tribune at some other time.

However, the Tribune is really a great paper in covering history and preservation as well as roads, three things I hold dear. Plus, their Metro section does a great job covering Chicago and suburbs. The Tempo section is great and HAS the comics.

The Daily Herald, which is printed in Arlington Heights, primarily covers the Northwest Suburbs. I used to get it confused with the Northwest Herald.

Hooked on Reading Newspapers. --RoadDog

No comments: