Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

So, You Think You're an Oldies Fan?


Taken from the August Wassup magazine. This tells you what is going on at the bars and towns around the Lake County (there is also one for McHenry County) area. Lots of advertisements, jokes, and columns.

They have a quiz every week with ten questions on a particular topic. Last month's was on a subject dear to my heart, OLDIES.

See how well you do. I only missed the first question, but always have problems remembering words. There are two reasons I could never have been a band's singer. The first is that I can't sing. The second is that I couldn't remember the words. Even if I had written the song, I know I wouldn't remember the words. I'd have to have a karaoke setup onstage.

1. When did 'Little Suzie" finally wake up? a) The movie's over, it's 2 o'clock, b) The movie's over, it's 3 o'clock, c) The movie's over, it's 4 o'clock.

2. "Rock Around the Clock" was used in what movie? a) Rebel Without a Cause, b) Blackboard Jungle, c) The Wild Ones.

3. What's missing? _____ Baby, Earth ______, a) Angel, b) Head, c) Pretty.


4. "I found my thrill..." Where? a) Kansas City, b) Heartbreak Hotel, c) Blueberry Hill.


5. "Please turn on your magic beam, ____ ______ bring me a dream" a) Mr. Sandman, b) Earth Angel, c) Dream Lover


6. For which label did Elvis Presley first record? a) Chancellor, b) RCA, c) Sun

7. He asked, "Why's everybody always pickin' on me?" Who was he? a) Bad, Bad Leroy Brown, b) Charlie Brown, c) Buster Brown.


8. Bobby Darin's "Mack the Knife", the one with the knife, was named: a) MacHeath, b) MacCloud, c) MacNamara.


9. Name the song with "A-wop bop a-loo bop a-lop bam boom"? a) Good Golly Miss Molly, b) Be-Bop-A-Lula, c) Tutti Fruiti.


10. Who is generally given credit for the term "Rock and Roll"? a) Dick Clark, b) Wolfman Jack, c) Alan Freed.




Answers


1. c. The movie's, it's 4 o'clock, 2. b Blackboard Jungle, 3. a) Angel, 4. c) Blueberry Hill,
5. a) Mr. Sandman, 6. c) Sun, 7. b) Charlie Brown, 8. a) MacHeath, 9. c) Tutti Fruiti,
10. c) Alan Freed

No comments: