Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Big Game in Town: Colts Vs. Patriots


Well, not Chicago, but one I'll watch anyway.

That would be the matchup of the two unbeatens in the NFL, the New England Patriots and Indianapolis Colts. Now, I don't normally watch any NFL games unless its Da Bears or Da Pack, my two favorites. That's right, I like both teams, but definitely pull for the Bears when they play each other. I'll also watch a game if I'm at a bar and it's the only thing on TV.

However, this game today, is a BIG one.

I used to feel a bit sorry for the Patriots because the first time they went to the Super Bowl they lost against that great 1985 Bears team and it was a blow out. Then the second time was to the Packers, both at New Orleans' Super Bowl. However, of late, the Patriots have MORE than made up for those two losses.

I'm pulling for the Colts.

And, besides, the Colts are my third favorite team. A bunch of buddies and I used to go to Indianapolis for a game each year back when they were bad and you could get tickets, but those are hard to reasonably come by any more. Also, Tony Dungey is one of my favorite coaches after Mike Holmgren.

Plus, Indianapolis is a Midwestern team. Then there is Peyton Manning who also quarterbacked one of my favorite colleges, Tennessee.

Sad to see that the Patriots rallied to win the game.

Let's Go Colts!!!!! --RoadDog

No comments: