Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, November 24, 2007

New TV Show to Watch: Eatin' Down the Road


Yesterday, I watched the "Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives" marathon on the Food Channel. It is hosted by Gary Fieri who is quite a character.

He did one whole show featuring three places along Route 66. We've eaten at all three: Holland Burger in Victorville, Ca, Rock Cafe in Stroud, Ok, and Cafe on the Route in Baxter Springs, Ks.

The Rock Cafe's owner was the inspiration for Sally the Porsche on the movie "Cars."

For more on these places:
http://roaddogsroadlog.blogspot.com

I will definitely start watching this show. In January or February, he will be doing another show featuring Charlie Parker's, one of our favorite places to eat in Springfield, Illinois.

I don't know if I'd rather cruise down the road, or eat down the road.

Very Jealous of Gary Fieri's Job. Wait, I'm Retired. What Am I Saying? --RoadDog

No comments: