Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Love My TV Icons


This past Friday, TVLand, one of my wife Liz's favorite channels, had a two-hour special featuring TV's Top Fifty Icons. They picked these people as having the greatest impact on TV. They actually had a list of the Top 100. I checked out the bottom fifty and then chose my favorites from the list (by the way, if you go to the TV Land site, you can also make your own Top Fifty). Perhaps I will have to do this. Just off hand, I noticed they didn't include Lorne Greene.

My favorites:

#94 Melissa Gilbert--Half Pint, Laura, on "Little House on the the Prairie." One of my all-time favorite TV shows, even though some of my friends think it is stupid.

#91 Dennis Franz-- Loved him on "NYPD Blue" other than the naked shot of his rear, and "LA Law."

#88 Gavin MacLeod-- Murray on "Mary Tyler Moore Show" and Captain Stubbin on "The Love Boat." Just a regular guy.

#86 Jerry Mathers-- "Leave it to Beaver" back when a kid got into trouble, it wasn't for bringing weapons and guns to school. His buddy Whitey was the real bad guy. I also liked Wally and his parents.  I too shared a room with my  brother while growing up.

#83 Isabel Sanford-- Louisy on "The Jeffersons." Always admired her, and she had to put up with George.

#82 Ted Knight-- Ted on "Mary Tyler Moore Show." Despite his many flaws, you had to like the guy.

More Later. RoadDog

No comments: