Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

How 'Bout Dem Huskies!!!!-- Part 1

This was one game I was really fearing. I really hate it when we have to play Toledo because they have such a major whammy on us. let's face it, we haven't beaten them often.

I was once at a Toledo-NIU game where we had a 28-0 lead near the end of the half and lost 35-28. So, I know the Rockets can definitely come from behind. It's like the Sox playing the Twins. They just do it to us.


A REALLY SAD STORY

I should mention that even in defeat, Toledo can be dangerous. I was at the Toledo game back in 1983 where we absolutely had to beat them to cinch the MAC (Mid-American Conference).

I had just taken my seat when Northern scored a quick touchdown causing everyone to jump to their feet. It was a really cold day and I had stopped at a liquor store on the way and gotten a half pint of blackberry brandy to keep me warm.

It was in my pocket and as I jumped to my feet, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the bottle go airborne from my pocket. It was all slow motion and I let out one of those loud "Oh, NO!!" also in slow motion.

I made a valiant lunge for it, but the bottle just eluded my grasp and floated down to the concrete floor and shattered.

And, even worse, I had not yet even taken a sip out of it.

So, even in defeat, those pesky Rockets can still beat you.

Final Score at last night's game: Northern 65--Toledo 30. And, I'm not finished yet.

I Missed That Warm Tingling Sensation That Day. --RoadDog

No comments: