Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Carolina for Thanksgiving 2010-- Part 3-- Virginia to Goldsboro

Day Three on the Road-- November 22nd

Drove that big decline down the mountains out of Virginia, a big reason I stayed in Wytheville last night, there was no way I wanted to do that at night.

I got off I-77 onto I-74 a short way and then NC-89 into Mt. Airy, North Carolina, where I was hoping to get a chance to eat at Snappy Lunch. I always like their free parking in the town. You don't get that in a lot of tourist places.

Hallelujah, Snappy Lunch was open and that means their famous pork chop sandwich, a real meal in itself. Snappy Lunch was mentioned in the Andy Griffith show and is a major destination for tourists to Mt. Airy, the town upon which Mayberry was based. Also, locals eat there. Most of the people there today were locals.

You have to get there before 1:30 pm because that's when they close. I sat at the counter and ordered the pork chop sandwich for $4. Pure heaven.

Afterwards, I did some shopping at the many souvenir stores along Main Street.

Took US-52 to Winston-Salem and played NTN at Greer's Sports Pun in Kernersville. Then, I got on I-40 and got off to play at Hooter's in Burlington.

Very happy to miss all the traffic congestion around during Durham and Raleigh. Arrived in Goldsboro about 5:00.

Turkey for Me. --RoadDog

No comments: