Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Purty FunKnee Cartoons

Came across two funny cartoons that sort of sum up my feelings about all this new "teknolgy."

The first was a political cartoon from Mike Keefe of the Denver Post 8-20-10.

It's the first day back in school and class is in session. Two boys sitting in the back are holding books and looking puzzled. One turns to the other and says "Psst. How do you turn this thing on?"


The other was yesterday's Pickles comic strip. I'm really starting to like this one a lot because the old geezer Earl is so much like me.

FIRST PANEL Earl and wife are at the table and his wife is reading the newspaper. She says: "I notice that some hotels and eating places are starting to offer free wi-fi."

SECOND PANEL She says, "Do you have any idea what wi-fi is?" Earl replies, "No clue."


THIRD PANEL She says, "Me neither. I can't keep up with the new things anymore. I give up." (My feelings exactly.)


FOURTH PANEL Earl then says, "Maybe wi-fi is short for why fight it."

Tell It Like It Is, Earl. --RoadDog


SENIOR BUMPER SNICKERS:

FISHMORE & DOLITTLE
Retirement Planning & Consulting.

No comments: