Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Picks for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2011-- Part 5

Even though all of the nominated are worthy, I will keep my votes to just five. So far, I have picked Alice Cooper, Bon Jovi, Donovan and the J. Geils Band.

My fifth pick is NEIL DIAMOND.

OK, many will say he is the king of karaoke music or schmaltz, but he has definitely had an impact on pop and rock music. I especially like his earlier music.

From 1966 to 1986, he had 56 songs make Billboard's Top 100 with 11 Top tens and three #1s.

Neil Diamond was born in 1941 in Brooklyn, NY.

Some of his GREATS:

Solitary Man-- my all-time favorite Diamond song.
Cherry, Cherry
I Got the Feelin' (Oh No No)
You Got to Me
Girl, You'll be a Woman Soon
T Thank the Lord for the Night Time
Kentucky Woman
Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show
Sweet Caroline-- OK, let's all do that thing we do whenever we hear it.
Holly Holy
Cracklin' Rosie #1
Song Sung Blue #1
Longfellow Serenade
You Don't Bring Me Flowers (with Barbra Streisand) #1
Love on the Rocks
Hello Again
America

And, that's just some of them.

A Very Deserving Person. --RoadDog

PS. My good friend Lulu says I forgot her all-time favorite ND song, "Forever in Blue Jeans." Thanks Lulu, that was one of my favorites as well, but I missed it while I was skimming the list. Thanks for pointing it out.


SENIOR BUMPER SNICKERS: Senility Ain't Bad-- I meet new people every day.

No comments: