Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Picks for This Year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-- Part 1

Last month, I listed the 15 candidates for the Class of 2011 and said I was going to make my five choices. Of course, all belong in it and hopefully will eventually get their day. But, for now, these are my five picks and why I chose them.

Right off the bat, I have to say that the more songs I hear by the artist, the more likely I am to choose them.

FIRST PICK: ALICE COOPER

If for no other reason than the song "School's Out" which was Liz and my retirement song from teaching and the name of our last two boats, only the new one has the word "...forever" added to it.

When you saw us out in it, school was most definitely out.

And them, there were these others:

Eighteen Under My Wheels
Elected
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Billion Dollar Babies
Welcome to My Nightmare.

Alice's real name is Vincent Furnier, but he changed it to Alice Cooper from a 16th century witch. Of course, then there are all his bizarre stage antics.

Wonder If He Will Be in Full Makeup At the Ceremony? --RoadDog


SENIOR BUMPER SNICKERS: I don't exercise. It makes my coffee spill.

No comments: