Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Oh, Those Christmas Lights

Well, they're down here at the house, both in and outside. Liz said we ended up paying another $60 beyond what we normally pay in a month because of our lights. They're worth it though. I just hate putting up and taking them down outside when it's too cold or when there is too much snow on the ground and bushes.

Liz is in charge of the upstairs inside with the wall decorations, window lights, two trees and all the put-around stuff, especially the many-many Santa Clauses. Most of this is my fault as I have a hard time going into stores over the holidays, which begin in September, and not buying something that catches my eye. Lots of stuff catch my eye. Liz is always hesitant when she sees me toting a bag in the house during this period and thinking, now where am I going to put that.

I handle the sun room, outside and Margataville (the downstairs bar) and basement. Liz puts the railroad track around the main tree, but the village inside the track is my responsibility.

Liz gets mad because it takes me much less time to do my decorating. I have a system in place and put everything up in the order I need them for the following year. Plus, I have reduced the number of outside lights by about half over the years.

How many Days Until next Christmas? Liz Doesn't Want to Know. --RoadDog


The Last YOU'RE A FLORIDIAN IF...you recognize Miami-Dade as North Cuba.

No comments: