Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, July 29, 2011

Goodbye Borders, I'll Miss You-- Part 1

It was one of my favorite stores to spend time browsing in and a very nice one to teachers. Twice a year, they would have weekends where teachers got a 25% discount on everything. As a teacher, I appreciated a corporation saying thanks to my efforts.

I especially liked their bargain books which had some really great coffee table type books for music and history. Plus, ever since Woolworth's left us, I have been getting my journals from Borders. I've been keeping a journal since 1978 and used to use Woolworth's Daily Aide Journals.

Then, there was their excellent local sections and all those Acadia books as well as a big history one. And, before the demise of CDs, they had a very deep and eclectic collection along with listening posts, very important when getting a group you're not familiar with.

I was saddened to learn at the beginning of the year that Borders was closing my McHenry store in March. I had spent many hours in that store.

No More From There For Me. --RoadDog


GROANERS: How do crazy people go through the forest? They take the psycho path.

No comments: