Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Happy 7-11 Day: A Salute to Convenience Stores

In honor of those purveyors of those great Slurpees and Big Gulps, today is devoted to you, July 7, 2011, as in 7-11-11. We'll expand that to cover all convenience stores with all that good-for-you stuff to eat and drink as well as that super-sized gas prices these days.

I remember the first 7-11 store, so named at the time because they were open from 7 am to 11 pm, way longer than regular stores. The first one I saw was out in California, and that was where I had my first Slurpees and it immediately became one of my favorite things to drink, even if I'd occasionally drink too fast through that straw and get a case of brain-freeze.

Of course, four days ago, we had another convenience store celebration, but since I wasn't writing checks, it got by me.

So, Any Way, let's Lift Our Slurpees and Have a Toast. --RoadDog


YOU MIGHT BE FROM CHICAGO IF...You know the difference between Amtrack and Metra.

No comments: