Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Heading Out for the Civil War and Some Music

In just a short time, I'm driving down to Wauconda, Illinois for the annual Civil War Days re-enactment, regarded as one of the biggest such events in the state.

I'll be at the Sons of Confederate Veterans tent when not going around the area talking with other Civil War fans and those super-fanatics who re-enact. I've stayed out of that so far as I already have way too many things I'm interested in.


CRABFEST AND MUSIC

Afterwards, thinking of stopping by the Legion for Crabfest and all that great food and then either seeing the Beach Bums Band at Captain's or the Modern Day Romeos band at McHenry's Fiesta Days at Peterson Park.

Tomorrow, it's either the band at Captain's or the CSNY and CCR tribute bands at Fiesta Days.

Hard to go boating or do yardwork with all this going on.


YOU MIGHT BE FROM CHICAGO IF...You also know how to eat a piece of pizza, none of that folding-stuff.

Decisions, Decisions. --RoadDog

3 comments:

~llilly said...

I started a blog, Don.

http://skunkatthepicnic.blogspot.com/

Terri

P.S. We need to do breakfast before I have to go back to school

RoadDog said...

Skunk at the Picnic? Sounds like you might have something to say, like in my "It's Them, Not Me" posts that I run every so often.

One thing about blogging, though, you end up putting in way too much time and effort. Sure cuts into my drinking time.

Especially if you do more than one, like dumb old me and my four dumb old blogs.

~llilly said...

I'll keep it to one blog for now. I have farming to do, too.