Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Just Finished My Two Sweats for the Day

It is supposed to be 98 degrees today, maybe 99, maybe even 100. The last time it was this hot for this long in the Chicago area was back in 1995 when all those folks died from the heat. We were down in New Orleans at the times enjoying their special brand of heat. But we're here for this.

Took the boat out this morning for a float and it was mighty nice with the southerly wind, but then I sweated profusely when I got back into the channel and put the mooring cover on. I'm ok as long as there is a breeze and there sure wasn't.

Then, I went to Menard's and bought sixty concrete edgers (buy one for 96 cents, get one free: great deal!!) and got a little sweaty putting the blocks into the truck, but had help from their people and a friend.

However, at home, it was just me and those sixty blocks. This was a BIG SWEAT!!

Now, I'm in the basement a-typin' away with my two sweaty little fingers, but cooling off. In a little while, I meet some friends to see the new "Harry Potter" movie. The theater is air-cooled as they used to call it.

More Fun in the Sun. --RoadDog


FUNNY THINGS TO SAY TO YOUR DOC DURING YOUR COLONOSCOPY..."Any sign of those trapped miners?" You know, making those folks gathered around you during the operation is probably not a good idea.

No comments: