Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Monday, July 18, 2011

My Experience with the "Derecho"-- Part 2

This was a storm, that for me, didn't appear to be too bad of a one. After two hours, our electricity was back on. I just caught up with my sleep by taking a nap during it. I didn't get enough sleep last night.

Once up, Liz said she was hearing that almost a million people had lost power and most still didn't have it. Later, we hear that it was expected that a lot of the people weren't going to have electricity for a day or so and then, that was extended until later in the week.

Much worse of a storm than I thought.

We then heard that the Fox Lake area was particularly hard hit, so decided to drive over and take a look and see how the boat fared, since we dock it in that village.

While waiting for Liz to get ready, I took a walk out to the arboretum tp pick up branches that always come down in a wind storm. Entered it at the east end and started picking up the branches. When I got over to the west end, I saw that the sumac tree was broken off at its base.

That is too bad because it always reminded me so much of a tropical plant and was about 15 feet tall. Unfortunately, my electric chain saw is broken (well, the chain is hanging down). I'll have to see if I can figure out how to fix it. Probably not. One thing I'm not good at is fixing broken machines.

That Was One Strong Wind. --RoadDog


FUNNY THINGS TO SAY TO YOUR DOC AT YOUR COLONOSCOPY..."Can you hear me now>"

No comments: