Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Me and Technology

Or, I should say way obsolete technology. I just don't keep up anymore and have thrown in the latest iPhone.

A new favorite comic strip of mine is Pickles about an old codger named Earl and his wife Opal and there life. I really can relate to Earl.

This is from the July 21, 2011, strip in the Chicago Tribune.

FIRST FRAME: Earl and Opa are sitting on the couch watching TV. Their adult daughter is in the house standing behind them.

She says' "You guys should get a new high-definition flat screen TV."

Earl, "No thanks."

SECOND FRAME:

Earl, "This old Zenith still gets the job done. There's no sense tossing out a perfectly good TV."

THIRD FRAME:

Daughter, "Is that why you hang on to your old eight-track player and Polaroid camera?"

FOURTH FRAME:

Earl, "Yeah, I guess I have an affinity for obsolete old things."

Opal turns to him and says, "You ARE an obsolete old thing."

That kind of sums me up pretty well. I'm old and really obsolete when it comes to technology. Shoot, I still record and listen to music on cassette tapes.

Oh Well. --RoadDog



PARAPROSDOKIAN SENTENCE: Property Tax; A tax that goes up when your property value goes up. You'd Think that it would then go down when your property value decreases. Not here in McHenry County, Illinois.

No comments: