Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, February 7, 2014

The Beatles Are Coming!-- Part 10: They Arrive in the U.S.

From "The Book of Hit Singles: Top 20 Charts from 1954 to the Present" by Dave McAleer. The Beatles first charted on the U.S. Top 20 monthly Billboard Pop Charts in January 1964 when "I Want to Hold Your Hand" was #18. #1 for the month was "There I've Said It Again" by Bobby Vinton. //// FEBRUARY: #1 "I Want to Hold Your Hand," #4 "She Loves You" and #18 "Please Please Me." #2 was "You Don't Own Me" by Lesley Gore. //// MARCH: #1 "I Want to Hold Your Hand," #2 "She Loves You," #3 "Plese Please Me" and #10 "Twist and Shout." #4 was "Dawn (Go Away)" by the Four Seasons. //// APRIL: #1 "Can't Buy Me Love," #2 "Twist and Shout," #7. "She Loves You," #9. "Do You Want to Know a Secret," #11. "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and #12. "Please Please Me." #3 was "Suspicion" by Terry Stafford. //// This is called four months of major domination. //// What Was All This Beatlemania Stuff (My Parents Wanted to Know)? --RoadDog

No comments: