Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Top Twenty Songs In the U.S. for December 1963-- Part 1

From the Book of Hit Singles: Top 20 Charts From 1954 to the Present Day by Dave McAleer. //// Beatlemania had yet to hit U.S. shores in force and the pop charts reflected that. "I Want to Hold Your Hand" and "She Loves You" ranked #1 and #2 in Britain and With the Beatles LP was #14 and Beatles Hits E.P. was #20. All these were on Parlophone Records label. Beatlemania was full-blown in the U.K. //// Plus, the other groups soon to be part of the British Invasion (and in deference to my War of 1812 blog, Not So Forgotten, the first British Invasion since that war was about to take place. //// #4 "Glad All Over" by Dave Clark Five, #5 "You Were Made for Me" by Freddie & the Dreamers, #7 "I Only Want to Be With You" by Dusty Springfield, # 11 "I'll Keep You Satisfied" by Billy J. Kramer & the Dakotas, #12 "You'll Never Walk Alone" by Gerry & the Pacemakers, #16 "I Wanna Be Your Man" by the Rolling Stones. And, "I Wanna Be Your Man" and "I'll Keep You Satisfied" were written by the Beatles. //// The United States Was Ripe for the Picking. --RoadDog

No comments: