Listen to this man. Seven years of college, you know. Trying to reason with 2020 and, now, 2022.

Friday, February 7, 2014

JSIS: Spock-- Fox-- G.I. Joe

JSIS-- Just Some Interesting Stuff. //// 1. SPOCK-- Leonard Nimoy's health is deteriorating rapidly at age 82 with chronic obstruction pulmonary disease from smoking, even though he quit 30 years ago. I'm a big Star Trek fan. Sorry to hear that. 2. FOX-- The "Michael J. Fox Show" has been cancelled by NBC after 16 episodes, although 22 were filmed (and may be shown later). I watched it, but just hadn't gotten into it most episodes, although the one with the blind guy was hilarious. I see they also cancelled "Sean Saves the World" which I didn't watch. However, I do like NBC's new "Chicago P.D." ans "Chicago Fire" just keeps getting better. ///// 3. G.I. JOE-- Happy 50th birthday to the world's first action figure, G.I. Joe, who turns 50 this year. It weathered the Vietnam War for Hasbro. His "father" is considered to be Don Levine who created the 11 1/2 inch figure with 21 moving parts. He sold for $4 when he hit the store shelves just in time for Christmas 1964. I never had a G.I. Joe, but I sure had lots of H&O scale soldiers as well as the bigger ones in the Blue and Gray battle sets and others. //// JSIS. --Roaddog

No comments: